A JSON object is a collection of name/value pairs where the names are strings, and the values can be strings, numbers, booleans, nulls, or even other objects. JSON is very popular in Web APIs because it has less overhead than XML and doesn’t require any declaration.
JSON can be used in any programming language rather than being limited to just one language, which makes it more interoperable with other languages
History of JSON Acronym
Douglas Crockford develops the JSON format in the 2000s. On April 2001 very first JSON message was sent by Douglas Crockford and Chip Morningstar.
The acronym of JSON was first originated by a company called State Software which Douglas Crockford co-founded.
Sample of JSON data
Why JSON is so Popular
- JSON is easy to understand, read and write.
- All languages and browsers have a parser for the JSON.
- The JSON format can store data such as Int, Boolean, String, Base64 String, etc.
Advantage of JSON data exchange format
- A human can read it better than XML, YAML, or CSV format.
- JSON is a lightweight competitor of XML.
- JSON is Simple and more efficient than other data formats.
- It’s simple and self-explanatory
- JSON provides flexibility for developers, and it’s interoperable with other languages
Example of HOW to use JSON
- JSON helps to communicate data between servers and web applications.
- Mobile Applications transfer data to and from the server and use JSON format to store and write the data.
Know More about JSON :
JSON full form in GST